SergeInTheUK

Monday, July 04, 2005

Would anyone like a cup of tea?

Phew... Just caught my breath... This is the first time I have a bit of time to write a few words.

The past 72 hours have been a little too busy (even for me). I attended a wedding in Toronto (Alice and Ben just got married... http://marryingsoon.diaryland.com/). Then, I came back to Ottawa to greet Gary and Stephanie (getting married in August), Sylvie, Sam, Franky T and Lucille in Ottawa for Canada Day celebrations. We had a busy July 2nd with coffee at the French Baker, tea and lunch at the Chateau Laurier, BBQ at Saeed's... Well, I had to leave at this point so I didn't get to have BBQ at Saeed's but I heard it was quite a bit of fun :)

Took the plane to Montreal, waited a couple of hours (and got to see the fireworks display from the airport) and then I was off to London. I got off the plane exhausted but finally decided to take the tube down to the Rosebery Avenue residence (as opposed to taking the heathrow express train). Everything went well until I got out of the Angel station and walked the wrong way. Luckily, Londoners are very friendly and once I asked someone, they helped me out immediately.

Last night, there was a getting to know the students party and I met many fellow students from around Europe (met folks from Russia, Mexico, Italy, Lebanon, France, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Kenya, USA) ... And then I got a good nights sleep :)

I've got to print out some LSE forms at this point. So, I'll end my blog on this note.

1 Comments:

  • Great idea Serge! I'm excited to see all the stuff you've got to say about life in Yee Ol'England.

    In case you wanted to publish pics, Blogger recommends Picasa and Hello. You need both and I would recommend them.

    I'll mention your blog on my blog so that more people can follow your adventures!

    By Blogger A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home