SergeInTheUK

Saturday, January 28, 2006

This is for my little cousin Gabriel

My cousin Gabriel got angry at me for not writing a blog in over two weeks. I agree with him! Life seems to move either too quickly or too slowly some times. Since our arrival in London, life has been extremely busy with school. I now realized the amount of work it takes to be a student with the non-existence of weekends (although the breaks between sessions are very nice).

I am taking four university courses: Strategic Management, Corporate Assets and Financial Markets, Applied Corporate Finance and International Markets. It seems like we have something to hand in or complete every week but that is good because it builds discipline into the students (something I desperately need sometimes).

I have been in London over the course of the month of January, getting used to living alone again (for those of you just joining my blog, my girlfriend Jessica was here on visit for 10 weeks and left for Canada on January 10th). It was very nice to have her over and extremely hard to see her leave but it was for the best as this blog will attest.

You see, she was still having stomach problems. She ran a series of test in Ottawa and the preliminary test showed e.coli in her system. A refinement to the original diagnostic showed she did not have e.coli (but was never told). She eventually had to go to the emergency room in Waterloo last week because of the pain. The emergency doctor did an ultrasound and found a strange mass over her ovaries and putting pressure on her pancreas (which inflammed it and made the pain worse). She is scheduled for a catscan this Wednesday to understand what this mass is (cancerous or benign) but it has both of us very worried. I will let you know what comes of it next week.

Other than that, I have helped organize a LSE microfinance event on Wednesday, January 25th which was very successful (53 participants). Our next scheduled event is February 8th. And my cousin, my aunt and my mother are going to arrive in about a month!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Serge, I'm sorry to hear about Jess. I hope and pray that it turns out well. On another note, I'm sorry I've been quiet these last few weeks. January has been extremely hectic, but it should be slowing down soon. If you're interested, I've started a blog at Blogger: the pages of aleydis.

    By Blogger Alice, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home