SergeInTheUK

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Microfinance, Gynaecologists, Mozart

What do those three things have in common? Not much other than they appear in today's update.

Yesterday, the LSE Microfinance Society of which I am the treasurer, organized a very successful event on microinsurance, microsavings and remittances. We had over 48 in attendance and took some pictures of the event.

Today, I had 2 lectures, one for my AC430 course on Corporate Finance and one for my AC421 course on Applied Corporate Finance. In between, Nataly and I went to hear a free concert in the Shaw Library by Mitra Tham. I was amazing. We heard some Bach, Mozart, Grieg and Rachmaninoff. Very relaxing way to spend our lunch hour and cleared my head for the remainder of the day.

Here are some fun facts for you:
  • My sister will be making a surprise visit from February 26th to March 3rd, then visiting Austria, Eastern Europe and returning on March 17th
  • My mother, my aunt (godmother) and my cousin (godchild) will be visiting from March 3rd to March 12th
  • I am leaving for Ottawa, Canada on March 18th in order to spend my study period prior to my exams (scheduled to start sometime in mid-May).
  • Jessica received an appointment to see the gynaecologist today and will hopefully be able to schedule a surgery time to remove the teratoma.
  • I was accepted into the IMBA program at Schulich, 10 days after I applied (always a good sign when they make their decisions quickly!). Schulich was just ranked best MBA program in Canada by Financial Times and 18th worldwide. Similarly, it was ranked best MBA in Canada by the Economist Intelligence Unit and 27th worldwide.

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations onto getting into the IMBA program, Serge! That's great news! Have you decided if you'll come or not? I'm sorry that I never got back to you about that--I don't actually know anyone in the Business School here. Let me know what your plans are and have fun with your family in March!!

    By Blogger Alice, at 1:25 PM  

  • Thanks Alice and Juli... Not sure whether I'll be going to do the IMBA program yet (lots of soul searching to do) but it would be nice. How long does it take you to bus it to school everyday? That's what's really scaring me :)

    Yes, Juli, that's alot of family in short amounts of time. Complicate the matter with my sister being next to impossible in reaching (I still don't know how long she'll be in London!). Unfortunately, hair was chopped off by overeager Turkish barber in London but it is growing back nicely.

    By Blogger Serge LeVert-Chiasson, at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home