SergeInTheUK

Saturday, July 09, 2005

National Portrait Museum... and a new cell phone


Woke up a little later this morning after participating in the Crush party at the LSE last night but took advantage of the free Saturday to do a bit of sightseeing by myself. Went to see the National Portrait museum next to Trafalgar square (where the 2012 London celebrations were held). The museum was incredible with portraits of all the Kings and Queens over the last 6 centuries along with interesting portraits of who's who in Britain.

After touring a bit of Piccadilly circus and longing around in Leicester square as this was the most beautiful day in London since I arrived, I decided to visit a Virgin Mobile shop to compare the prices they have with Orange.

Although more expensive than conventional plans in Canada, the system is quite well designed and I was able to buy a new cell phone which works on triband (the same technology Fido and AT&T use in Canada). My phone is nice, easy to use and small. Best of all, it only cost me 15 pounds (about 35 CAD). Plus, after I top off my phone with 30 pounds of air time, I get to unlock the cell and use any network I want to but Virgin is by far the cheapest one even if its coverage isn't as great as the others.

After coming back to the residence, I am joining Ted, Ashish, Marco and Chady (another lebanese student) for drinks somewhere in downtown London... Tomorrow, we are going to watch the F1 British Grand Prix in a local pub... Couldn't afford the 400 pound entrance fee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home