SergeInTheUK

Sunday, July 10, 2005

F1 Race and a bit of soccer

Today was my sports day. I slept in till 10:30 and missed the breakfast which was unfortunate but made up for it in additional sleep. We met up with Ashish's brother, who is working at a biotech firm just outstide of London and found this quaint pub close to the angel tube station. We sat down, downed a few pints and enjoyed the British Grand Prix as Montoya took the first place.

In the evening, we found a few football players to join us for an impromptu game. We were well covered with an Italian, German, Portuguese, Mexican, 2 Canadians, 2 Lebaneses players. Lots of fun if not for a few scrapes and bruises (the surface was asphalt so I fell on my forearm and scratched myself a bit).

Life seems to be getting back to normal after the bombings. I'm getting very familiar with my neighbourhood and getting to know the shops and the streets quite well. I was asked for directions by an American tourist yesterday. I guess I'm starting to blend in :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home