SergeInTheUK

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

And the studying commences...

Yesterday was a very busy day for school. Not only did we learn the mid-term exam was still occurring on Wednesday but that most of the material we missed on Thursday would not be reviewed so upon the completion of the classes and lectures, I was busy (with many of my classmates) reading up on the missed chapters, class notes and several problems we needed to complete prior to today's review. I worked till 10:00 PM last night with my nose in several books and finally gave up for the evening.

We watched as a group Monsoon Wedding, a great Indian movie about a wedding (very funny!). It was great to get away from studying a bit. This morning, Michael (a Danish classmate) and Ted went over our results for the problems and I was pleasantly surprised by the extent of my right answers. This was reinforced by the class and the lecture as I seem to understand most of the material quite well. Given this exam is open book with students choosing 5 out of 6 questions (with 5 being mathematical and one essay question), I seem pretty confident on the outcome. Further reassurance is given that the required grade of B is a 60%-70% pass grade and an A is 70% and above. I'll still review tonight but not as hard as I originally predicted.

Okay, enough about school. It's a beautiful day outside. I think I might go and read in a nearby park. London is wonderful when it's bright, sunny and warm but I know this is quite rare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home