SergeInTheUK

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Gabi comes to town


Well, it's official... My family is in town! I went to pick them up yesterday morning. Their flight was scheduled to arrive at 8:30 AM but they only landed at 9:30 AM because of a severe winter storm in St.John's which delayed the trip by about 1:15 hours. But they made it out by 10:00 AM. We raced to get back to my place because my sister had a flight to Vienna and wanted to see us before she left (she needed to leave by 11:30 to catch her flight). When we arrived, we had a cake and a gift for Gabi because it was his birthday today. He just turned 11. My sister then left and we set out to visit the city. My mom was very cute and was like a kid discovering the city. She noticed all the differences like my cousin did. We visited most of the important sites around the city. We finished the day by taking a double decker back home (which my cousin loved) and we then had a relaxing meal. My flatmates were real gentlemen, giving us the living room while we ate and entertaining my little cousin while they watched TV. Dave even promised Gabi to play on his playstation two tomorrow.

Today, my mom, my aunt and cousin will be going to see the Misérables (the musical). I will be taking advantage of the free time to complete my readings (hopefully) and work on a project section which is due for tomorrow (yikes).

For full pictures of our first day, click on here.

4 Comments:

  • It must be so nice to have your family there, Serge! How exciting for them (first time in Europe for your Gabi and your mom, right?). Also, I can't get over how old Gabi looks!! Wow, he's a little man now. :) Have a fantastic time this week. Give me a call when you're back in Canada if you have the chance.

    By Blogger Alice, at 1:35 PM  

  • Oh yeah, and tell Gabriel that I LOVE his Jersey! Did he buy it in Canada for the occasion or did he get it in London? I hope that he's rooting for them this summer! And you too!

    By Blogger Alice, at 1:37 PM  

  • Sorry for the delay in replying but as you can see from my latest post, things were very very hectic over the past two weeks. Yes, Gabi has grown into a little man and he talks non stop. Many people liken him to me. I don't know why :). He will be cheering for England... and France... and Brazil during the world cup... or whoever is winning... What is an 11-year old boy to do?

    By Blogger Serge LeVert-Chiasson, at 12:31 PM  

  • My sister and I bought him the England shirt for his b-day. The date of their arrival (March 3rd) was Gabi's bay. We had a cake a couple gifts for him, ready to go. Needless to say, he was very excited.

    By Blogger Serge LeVert-Chiasson, at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home