SergeInTheUK

Sunday, July 17, 2005

On a peaceful Sunday in London


As I woke up at 11:00 pm this morning, I finished watching 24, season 4 (great ending!!!). I also needed to catch up on some reading for my class. I found a park close to the residence called St.Pancras and read 4 chapters from the book (now fully caught up). I also took a nap in the shade this afternoon beneath a 200-year old maple tree.

Things I like about Sundays in London:
1) Parks... They are a godsend
2) Harry Potter... everyone is reading it here
3) Beautiful sunny days... they are so rare (so you really appreciate them)
4) Markets... they make us feel alive

All in all, today is a great day. I just got back from my afternoon "me" time and sat down at the cafe in the residence. In a matter of minutes, Roberta, Asish, Jeng, Nina, Marco, Ted all arrived. It's great to have time for myself but it's even better to find your friends again.

It was Marie Cristina's b-day so we took her out to the Porchetta, an Italian restaurant a few yards from our residence which has become our convenient hang out place. After a few more beers and lots of laughs, we went to see the music at the market as part of today's festivities. There was a great jazz band playing. When we came back, Roberta gave Marie Cristina's b-day card. The boys played Texas No-Hold 'em poker while the girls studied... As you can see, priority isn't always school at LSE. But after spending a good 4 hours studying this afternoon, I thought I could treat myself a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home