SergeInTheUK

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Last day before final exam... and another London bomb

Today went by quite quickly with a 3-hour cramming session this morning. I think I am well prepared for the final (knock on wood) as I have attended most classes, read most of the academic books as well as understand most of the content of the course. I have some difficulty with flexible budgeting and budget variance analysis but this is not exam material so I should be fine.

Unfortunately, a second series of bombings has occurred in London (and yes mom and dad, I am fine :) ). I had a beer with Paul McNally yesterday (he was a soccer player for my Ottawa team and has since moved back to London with his wife and 2 boys). He is a police officer at the Charing Cross Police station. He was on duty when the first bombings occurred and told me a bit about his story. We concluded though that Londoners have demonstrated that they can withstand this type of terror attack as "business as usual" continues to be the norm. The attacks today will certainly not change that. LSE has confirmed that we are to have our scheduled exams tomorrow.

Well, I can't spend too much time blogging... I've got to review a few more things before tomorrow. I'll be back in Canada soon enough. As I probably will not have time to blog before I leave on Saturday, I'll leave this blog for now but I will hopefully return to share my thoughts, adventures and ideas on this forum sometime in October 2005. I'll leave you with this picture of me and Jeng, this very funny and very eccentric Chinese masters student here for the LSE summer school. This picture was taken during Marie Cristina's b-day party at the Porchetta this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home