SergeInTheUK

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Driving in the front of the bus

I am very happy today... I got to drive in the front of the bus on the second floor of a double decker for the first time... Okay, for all you non-Londoners out there, this place is the most prized thing for people living here (with the notable exception of being invited for tea with the queen). Everyone always takes those seats first because you get a huge window on the second floor of the bus and you can see everything going on below you (you actually appear to be flying). It's quite the fun experience and I hope everyone can have a chance to experience this once in their life... Am I making a big deal about a small pleasure? Maybe... but maybe not... You'll just have to come over here to tell me I'm wrong :)

I came back from Camdem market today, having spent 3 absolutely amazing hours with Deborah and Sarunas at the best market I have EVER been in my life (I am not exaggerating although I have been known to exaggerate in the past). The ambience of laissez-faire (gothic-style teenagers run free along with indie-types, tourists, locals, and the notorious punk Brit) along with the thousands of stalls (not exaggerating here!) gives you a choice and an array of goods only the ultimate consumer can really appreciate... You'll find everything for everyone on your list (from the chain pot smoker, to the gothic friend of yours, along with the weirdest t-shirts and most eccletic home devices I have ever seen!).

Deborah and I have committed to going there next weekend. We will bring more friends! Everyone from Canada coming to visit me will have to make a mandatory stop at Camdem market... Best of all, it's only 20 minute bus ride from my place so I have no excuses. The weather, after 3 days of rain and drizzle, is amazing. Sunny with a warm 19-20 degrees. I bought an African print and a very cool, ecclectic yellow pillow cover.

Okay, I have to go meet up with some friends at Butlers wharf (going from hippie to yuppy, all in one day). This new development is very posh and the bars are swanky... I should probably change pants...

2 Comments:

  • Hey,
    Great story! It's good to see you 'ecclectic pillow covers' can still make people happy...

    I check your blog often, but you're gonna have to write on this more often to keep our interest! Inquiring minds want to know!

    marc

    By Blogger A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, at 12:26 PM  

  • I will do my very best to write about ecclectic pillow covers and the like... I think I am going to buy a buddha statue? Do they come in a shade of purple? I'll have to check it out...

    By Blogger Serge LeVert-Chiasson, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home