SergeInTheUK

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Finsbury Park

I just came back from a run around Finsbury Park (about 4 minute walk from my flat or 2 minute run). It was amazing... The leaves have changed colours, the park is well maintained and has plenty of sporting facilities (including soccer pitches, basketball and volleyball courts, tennis courts and a great running lane. I think the actual run is about 4km but I may be wrong (it felt like that and it took me around 20 minutes to circle it). Unfortunately, I'm out of shape so I will probably only do 1 and a half laps tomorrow and try to do it without too much panting. I'm very lucky to have such a great facility nearby... If I have visitors, make sure to bring your runners along so that we can go for a run or play tennis, volleyball, b-ball or football :)

I've decided to not go to class tomorrow given the subject matter is statistics and I have done enough of it in my undergraduate and CFA to know what is going on. Although our professor likes to deviate from the subject matter to prove theorems, he always mentions it is useless to know this (then why teach it?). I will instead join Latitia, one of Jess's friends, for a leasurely walk in Greenwich (pronounced Grenich... Don't ask me why). Supposedly, you have an amazing view of downtown London from the Greenwich park.

I have to run (excuse the pun here) as I am late for our dinner invitation to Sarunas, our Lithuanian friend. He is cooking us a traditional dish which I am very excited to try out. More to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home