SergeInTheUK

Saturday, October 01, 2005

62 Woodberry Grove, London, N4 1SN

Just provided a deposit for a room in an 11-person house... Sounds like l'auberge espagnol? Well, it kind of is (there are numerous nationalities and mostly students staying in the place)... You see, I haven't met any of my roomates other than 1 Columbian woman living with her boyfriend on the third floor. However, my room is quite large and I will have a double bed as well as a desk and plenty of storage space... Natural lighting is great and I can control the heat.

Location is good as it is about 4-5 minutes walk from Manor House tube stop (on the piccadilly line, which is the line with the best service on the network). There is also bus 341 which passes every 20 minutes which drops you off right in front of LSE. I did the trek from LSE to the apartment and it took around 30 minutes which is fine... Also important are two night buses that drop me 4-5 minutes from my place. For those who do not know, tubes stop running at midnight so if you are out on the town, you are very dependent on the night buses which run throughout the night. Service is quite good so usually, it isn't a problem (it takes around 30 minutes from downtown to get to my place with a night bus).

Apartment is well priced and the only thing that kind of annoys me is this ugly blue carpet (I'm not a fan of carpets...) But there is a cleaning lady that comes and cleans the common areas (living room, washroom and kitchen) once a week so it is almost like living in residence but with more space :)

I'm meeting Mia and her husband, the South Korean owners, tomorrow to sign the lease for a 9-month period... There is a quaint garden and the neighborhood is nice, peaceful and safe. There are two 24-hour supermarkets open within 10 minutes walking distance.

I think I have found a place to call home :) So, let the visiting commence!

P.S. I haven't signed anything and only gave a small holding deposit so I hope to be able to confirm tomorrow that everything is a go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home